ACR38 smart card reader is the World's First PC/SC PC-linked (USB) Smart Card reader, compliant with EMV standard. ACR38 Smart Card Reader Series combines sophisticated technology and modern design to meet stringent requirements in smart card-based applications, such as payment systems and electronic identification, where a high level of security has increasingly been deemed essential.
Along with the rapid growth of technology comes the increasing prevalence of electronic data theft. This emphasizes the need to secure electronic data, thus necessitating the integration of smart card technology into current IT infrastructures. Following this trend, the ACR38 Smart Card Reader Series combines sophisticated technology and modern design to meet stringent requirements in smart card-based applications, such as payment systems and electronic identification, where a high level of security has increasingly been deemed essential. ACR38 is no 1 national id reader, this is also used to read emirates id cards in UAE.
Being compliant with the CCID specification, the ACR38 Series offers a plug-and-play solution that eliminates the need for driver installation and driver-system compatibility assessment. Its USB interface facilitates communication between a computer and a smart card very easily, allowing for a seamless implementation of smart-card based applications in a PC environment.
ACR38 Smart Card Reader is compliant with ISO 7816 and EMV Level 1 specifications. It supports ISO 7816 Class A, B and C ( 5V, 3 V and 1.8 V) cards, including all microprocessor cards with T=0, and T=1 protocols, as well as most of the popular memory cards in the market. This is the best emirates id reader / national id reader available in the region.
ACR38 also offers an optional built-in Security Access Module (SAM) slot - ACR38U-SAM that supports various high security applications. It is also available in different casing designs, including the new ACR38U-I1 which is now FIPS 201 certified and TAA compliant. In addition, ACR38 also has an alternative reader module form (ACM38).
- e-Banking and e-Payment
- National ID reader
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Network Security
- Access Control
- Emirates ID reader
- Loyalty Program
- ACR38U-I1: 72.2mm (L) x 69.0mm (W) x 14.5mm (H)
- ACR38U-H1: 71.5mm (L) x 80.0mm (W) x 80.0mm (H)
- ACR38U-J1: 65.5mm (L) x 68.2mm (W) x 13.7mm (H)
- Interface: USB 2.0 Full Speed
- Supply Voltage: Regulated 5V DC
- Supply Current: Max. 50mA
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C
- CLK Frequency: 4 MHz
Smart Card Interface Support
- ISO- 7816 Class A, B and C ( 5V, 3V, 1.8V )
- CAC & PIV Smart Cards*
- *For ACR38U-I1 only
- EN60950/IEC 60950, ISO 7816, FIPS 201*, TAA*, CE, FCC, UL, KC*, VCCI, PC/SC, CCID, EMV 2000 Level 1, RoHS, REACH, USB Full Speed
- Microsoft WHQL: 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012
- *For ACR38U-I1 only
Operating System Support
- Win98, Win ME, Win NT 4.0, Win 2000, Win 2003, Win 2003 R2, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 2008, Win 7, Win 8
- Win 2003 x64, Win 2003 R2 x64, Win XP x64, Win Vista x64, Win 2008 x64, Win 2008 R2 x64, Win 7 x64, Win 8 x64, Win 2012 x64
- Android™ 3.1 and above