HDP8500 Industrial Card Printer/Encoder
The FARGO HDP8500 industrial card printer/encoder is the superior industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput ID personalization and issuance. It's especially suited for large government ID card programs and laborious service bureau conditions, as well as demanding university and large enterprise environments.
Solid metal cabinetry and precision-engineered interior components create a stable printer environment that operates reliably over continuous runs. In fact, the HDP8500 industrial card printer/encoder is loaded with features that maximize card yield per shift: multi-card processing capabilities, 400-card input hopper capacity, accessible card path and graphical touch screen interface, and built-in physical and electronic security features. These features are all designed to ensure continuous production, even in the most demanding environments. Combined with the included FARGO Workbench diagnostic utility facilitates printer maintenance. Its Color Assist tool matches spot colors, ensuring accurate prints of graphics such as company logos.
The Card Printer/Encoder is the heart of the FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Series Personalization System. Combine it with the interoperable Lamination module and the all-new HDP8500LE Laser Engraver to enable the seamless integration of ID card printing, encoding, laser engraving and laminating into one machine, empowering card-issuing organizations to efficiently, reliably and securely produce multi-layered, secure credentials in a single pass through the system.
ENERGY STAR Certified Product
Available only with non-lamination configurations, the FARGO® DTC4500e provides organizations with a high-performance, energy-efficient photo ID printing and encoding solution that supports sustainability initiatives and reduced costs. As part of its new ENERGY STAR rating, the default time for sleep mode has been lowered from two hours to five minutes and printer design enhancements further reduce the power consumption when in standby or sleep mode. (ENERGY STAR qualified card printer (base models only without encoders and lamination module))
For high duty-cycle performance, the FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Card Printer/Encoder delivers:
- System reliability over continuous runs
- High-volume card throughput for maximum yields per shift
- Operational convenience to optimize uptime
- Issuance security that meets industry standards
FARGO HDP8500 Industrial Card Printer/Encoder Applications:
- Government-to-citizen IDs:
- Driver Licenses.
- National IDs.
- Border crossing cards.
- Voter Registration.
- Service bureau ID production
- University student ID/payment cards
- Dual-sided card printing and both ISO magnetic stripe and EMV encoding.
- Elevated data security through AES256 data encryption and resin ribbon erase functionality.
- Lockable security housing and concealed output hopper comply with financial card association security requirements.
- Industry-leading, three-year warranty for greater peace of mind.
- Optional, dual card input hopper with 200 total card capacity simplifies management of multiple card types.
- Bright LED display offers status information in multiple languages.
- High Durable HDP Film (coming in Q2, 2013) provides greater card durability.
- FARGO Workbench® v3.0 diagnostic utility now provides enhanced graphics capabilities with Color Assist spot-color matching tool, and simultaneous firmware upgrade capability for networked printers
- Cartridge-based card handling simplifies reloading or changing card stock; high-yield ribbon and film cartridges load quickly.
- USB and Ethernet connectivity included, plus an internal print server for secure network printing
The DTC4500 plastic card printer provides all the security of HID with all the reliability of FARGO® for sharp, professional looking, high quality, completely secure ID cards and photo ID badges - easy and quick. We designed our newest Direct-to-Card line to become the go-to standard for ID card printers.
- Print Method: HDP dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer.
- Print Platform: Standard, dual-sided printing.
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm).
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million/256 shades per pixel.
- Print Speed (batch mode): Up to 1200 cards per shift/24 seconds per card (YMC with transfer).
- Accepted Card Sizes: CR-80.
- Dual Input Card Hoppers: (2) 200-card hoppers; Total capacity 400 cards.
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: (1) 200-card hopper.
- Field-upgradeable Options:
- Laser Engraving.
- Card Lamination Module - dual-sided (simultaneous).
- Magnetic stripe encoding.
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless).
- Custom secure holographic HDP Film and overlaminate.
- Secure proprietary consumables system.
- Andon production status light.
- iCLASS® programming platform kit.
- ISO Card Flattener.
- Single Wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for in-line printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS and contact smart card encoding)
- Ethernet with Internal Print Server - Standard Feature
- Dual-Input Card Hopper (200 cards) - Standard Feature
- Same-Side Input/Output Card Hopper - Upgradable
- Card Lamination Module: single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous) - Upgradable
- Smart Card Encoding (contact/contactless) - Upgradable
- Magnetic Stripe Encoding - Upgradable